Friday 9 November 2012

Previous beetle - Boogie Bug

As my first car I also had a beetle. I loved it. It was a bright green beetle with boogie bug in big yellow letters on the back, used to advertise the local night club when they opened up. turns out it was a mis- match for parts wings and bumpers that didn't match the year. I think i learnt the most important thing about beetles from someone shortly after i got it. Make sure you have a cover on the battery or when someone sits on the back seat they might short the battery and the horse hair seat will catch alight

Looking back I must have been spoilt to have been allowed one as my first car bought for me. I know they weren't as expensive back in 2000 and they aren't exactly fast but its also doesn't make the most practical of cars for when you have just passed your test. Working nights having to try and drive it in the middle of winter when it was easiest to open the windows so the temperature inside the car was the same outside. But hey it was fun, and no-one else I know had one!

I ended up having to sell it in 2004 as I couldn't keep it as my daily car, it wasn't running well going to and from the station so it had to go. Now my new bug is the second car so I can drive it when the weather and journeys suits.

I had always wanted a purple bug with red flames, now I have the chance to do what I want to my project beetle I have out grown that thought. Now i want to go down the classic route with a twist, i please my new bug has standard wheel, standard running boards and the quarter light windows.

So here is my first bug,
 Cal look windows

Custom made door cards by Mum. Might be a hint to what to expect from my new bug

 Dressed up engine.



No comments:

Post a Comment