Friday 9 November 2012

Few new parts - wk 13

This week I didn't do any work on the beetle as I went to a show instead to get a few bits and get some ideas.

Only picked up a few bits as it is still early days but I had a good look around to see what about and what show prices are like. Some pieces i need to pick up at auto jumble.

Bumper grommets, clips, handle seals and some wing nuts.
 Got some carpet, bargain price and really good quality BMW carpet none of the cheap stuff. Be good to make my own carpets out of, just need to work out how i'm going to edge it.
Carpet


Its been a long time since I have seen a lot of bugs together. I was a bit disappointed as there wasn't a lot there but I guess being end of season it was to be expected.

Still undecided on the colour. I like pale blue, cream and pale green still but all area colours that you need to find the right shade and if it is slightly off it could look really rubbish. I want to keep the outside true to the year (bumpers, wings, running boards etc) but with a few tweak such as clear indicator lenses. Inside, it is going to have a twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment