Sunday 11 June 2017

Interior continues

So after the headlining had gone in i continued with the interior fitting the carpets into the car. I bought simple black carpets to fit and with a bit of work they fitted really well and really pleased with the result. They didn't have a rubber edge strip across the doors like the last one did so i tool the strip from the old carpets and used them to fit the new carpets which worked really well.

Carpet all fitted into the car and looking really smart

New carpet fitted and looking smart.
As you can see from some of the earlier photos the interior is a dark denim blue colour fabric with accents of grey. I made the seat covers and covered the door cards myself. I even created piping to give a nice effect and did all the sewn panels and styling as the original were. I wanted a modern new take on the original seats in the colours and fabric that would work with the car and be a little different from the shop bought ones. I am so pleased with how they turned out, better than i could  have wished for and really proud i made them myself. I don't think people would be able to tell.

Rear seat and door cards in and seatbelts fitted.
Ended up getting some new seatbelts and the old ones were worn and the rear i hated the huge inertia bit being at the top in full view so i opted for static seatbelts so that they look nice and chances are they will have little use anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment