Saturday 18 August 2012

Welcome to project Grasshopper


Hello

Welcome to project Grasshopper. My second VW beetle that I went and picked up today. This is going to be a project myself and my other half Richard do over a couple of years as a weekend project, taking care and thought to restore the car and hopefully keep it going for at least another 40 years.

The bug - 1973 1303 green VW beetle. It looks great, love all the features on it and it looked pretty solid for 40 years old. We know the engine has problems and there are other things that will need doing on a car of its age but it is the perfect project for what I wanted.

The car ready to be picked up

 The car has obviously been always loved especially by the last owner who owned it for 11 years and took great care of it making sure all the necessary things are done. There are loads of receipts and MOTs going back years including tax discs for most years back to 1974.

Me and my new big when home

So today, we collected it and got it trailered back to Mums garage. Then 6 hours of tiding, moving and sorting through the garage to make the room for Grasshoppers new home.

Grasshopper settled in for her first night in her new home
So it has been a long day, but very exciting. I'm so pleased to have another beetle as my pride and joy.
So what's my plan for her, I don't know..... time to start planning how I want her to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment